Maib in association with Bucharest Stock Exchange, WOOD&Co, Raiffeisen Bank International and supported by the Government of The Republic of Moldova is pleased to invite you to Moldova - Romania: Capital Bridges Forum.
Date: Tuesday, September 13, 2022
Venue: JW Marriot Hotel Bucharest
Format: Hybrid In-Person/Virtual
Live event - Moldova - Romania: Capital Bridges Forum
14:00 – Introduction
Mr Giorgi Shagidze, maib CEO
14:00 – 15:00 – Opening remarks
- Nicolae Ciuca, Prime Minister of Romania
- Natalia Gavrilita, Prime Minister of the Republic of Moldova
- Odille Renaud-Basso, President, EBRD
- Nicu Marcu, President of the Financial Supervisory Authority in Romania
- Radu Hanga, President of the Board of Directors, Bucharest Stock Exchange
15:05 – 15:30 - Fireside Chat with Mrs Natalia Gavrilita, the Prime Minister of Moldova moderated by Mrs Raffaella Tenconi, Senior Economist, WOOD&Co.
15:30 – 16:10 – Panel 1: Moldova – Newest EU Candidate Country
Panel of discussion moderated by Mrs Mariana Rufa, Executive Director of EBA Moldova
- Janis Mazeiks, EU Ambassador to Moldova
- Dumitru Alaiba, MP, Head of Parliamentary Committee on Budget and Economy, Moldova
- Vytautas Plunksnis, Head of Private Equity, Invalda, EU investor in Moldova
- Vasile Tofan, Senior Partner, Horizon Capital
16:20 – 17:00 – Panel 2: Economic Challenges of Today: Uncertainty and Opportunities for Moldovan Economy
Panel of discussion moderated by Mrs Raffaella Tenconi, Senior Economist, WOOD&Co
- Angela Sax, EBRD Head of Region
- Andreia Radu, Principal Investment Officer, IFC Financial Institutions Group
- Iurie Turcanu, Deputy PM Digitalisation, Moldova
- Alberto Carlei, Head of EIB Office, Moldova
17:15 – 18:00 – Panel 3: Doing Business in Moldova: Participants’ View
Panel of discussion moderated by Bayan Carter, Associate Director, EBRD
- Giorgi Shagidze CEO maib
- Bogdan Plesuvescu, CEO Victoriabank Group Banca Transilvania
- Eugen Comendant, COO of Purcari
- Bogdan Spuza, CEO OTP Moldova
18:00 – Closing remarks
Adrian Tanase, CEO of Bucharest Stock Exchange
In the closing of the event we invite you to Moldovan wine tasting organized by Purcari Wineries.
Thank you for your interest!
Due to the large number of registrations for physical participation at the Forum, we had to stop the registrations for this type of participation.
If you haven't managed to register so far, we look forward to join us online. Please check the "I’d like to participate online" box when registering, so that we can send you the streaming link on Tuesday.