The International Finance Corporation (IFC) and the Bucharest Stock Exchange invite you on Thursday, March 9, from 10:00 a.m. to a special event organized on the International Women's Day occasion, for Gender Equality. For the 9th consecutive year, the Bucharest Stock Exchange will join other stock exchanges around the world to mark International Women's Day and will be the host of the bell-ringing ceremony, to draw attention to the importance of gender equality.
Ring the Bell for Gender Equality is a global initiative organized worldwide by the stock exchanges to foster gender equality and women’s empowerment in the workplace and in our communities and the benefits of doing so. The theme for this year International Women’s Day is „Women in tech”.
Preliminary agenda of the event, guests:
10.00 Opening speeches from Bucharest Stock Exchanges representatives.
- Adrian Tanase, CEO Bucharest Stock Exchange
- Rodica Popa, CEO of CCP.RO Bucharest, part of BVB Group
- Emmanuel B. Nyirinkindi, Vice President for Cross-Cutting Solutions, IFC - recorded message
- Her Excellency, Mrs. Therese Hydén, Ambassador of Sweden in Romania
- Anna Akhalkatsi, World Bank Country Manager for Romania
10.40 Bell Ringing Ceremony
- Elisabeta Moraru, Country Manager, Google Romania
- Ilinca Paun, cofounder, Bravva Angels
- Marion Hegarty, Chapter Ambassador, Women in Tech® ROMANIA
- Cristian Nacu, Senior Country Officer for Romania, International Finance Corporation (IFC)
Event moderated by Ileana Botez, Head of Listing Department Bucharest Stock Exchange and President of PWN Romania.